Thursday, May 13, 2010

AAARRRGG!!! Surgery

Today I received a call from Dr. Karwande's office. They had just received the test results from Dr. Farrukh. The nurse said that the Doctor wanted to see me right away... I said right now? She said yes. So I left work and headed straight to his office. When I got there he told me that the tumor next to my heart wasn't a tumor at all?! It is an inflamed lymph node and he is not concerned about that one. (What a difference a day makes) The one that he is worried about is the one that I was told was OK. He said they could only get a few cells to biopsy, and he is worried about all the other cells. Especially since the PET scan lit it up the way it did. So he wants to remove the mass and send it to pathology to have it tested while I stay under in surgery. If it is non-cancerous they will button me up, if it is cancerous they will do a lobectomy and remove the upper lobe of my lung as well as all the lymph nodes in my chest.
I'm hoping for the first option.
The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (14 May 2010) at 2:00 PM.
I'm am so very grateful for every ones support through this difficult time!! Thanks for the meals that have been brought in, we have enjoyed them very much. I'm very grateful for the prayers and fasting and faith that has kept me and my family strong. I Love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment